View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 06:44 PM
makkonen
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 View Post
Ok, here is my big big question on the going from windows to andriod thing...

I use Outlook for my calendar, task, contacts..etc, so down the road once I use Andriod, which I will, do I need to remove ALL my contacts from gmail first so when I sync my contacts from my outlook, they will transfer smoothly to gmail with my contact id? I guess all my calendar stuff will just transfer over google calendar, but my main concern will be my contacts. Plus I use my cableone email as my main email provider. I guess I can pop3 that email address too in Andriod, right? Sorry if this is a rediculous question, however its been in the back of my head for some time now, but love the new Andriod better than windows, hands down.

thanks
You can certainly get pop3 email through the Email app. As for contacts, I believe gmail/google is capable of merging duplicate contacts, so you shouldn't have to delete and re-add them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmillertimexx View Post
I still can't get any kind of internet connection, period. I just updated to the new kernel and module thinkin it might help..it didn't. This gets so frustrating that I just give up
Sorry you've had such trouble. To make sure, you did delete your data.img, redownload the RAPH800 xdandroid package from this thread, and start fresh? I don't know why wifi would still be giving you trouble. I'm not at all surprised with having trouble on cdma data, though. It remains spotty for lots of people (I dare say the majority of non-Sprint users).

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyepoker View Post
you don't have that little adapter that comes with your phone? its a little dongle, gives you 1/8" and that smaller jack and its got a usb pass through on it... well... i still have mine . am rockin out at my desk... Symphony X!!! yeah!

[edit] oh .... crud... have been fiddling with it but i don't think it works... does the dongle work?
I have no idea if headset works. I know there is something in the kernel to support it... but I don't think anyone with a raph800/diam500 has tested it (nor do I know if it even works on raph100/diam100). You guys are breaking new ground.
This post has been thanked 2 times.