View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 03:11 PM
haus
Halfway to VIP Status

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom ROM support for Intrepid?

There is a huge developer community for HTC devices; there is essentially no developer community for the Intrepid, so I think it would be very unlikely for any custom ROM development to take place for this device. That said, if anyone is working on it, don't be shy, let us know!

After looking at the W7 demos, I'm not sure I'd even want to try it on a 320x240 screen. I think it would just be really annoying, if it was supported at all. And it most certainly won't be supported by Samsung.

If you like the slider format, I think the Touch Pro 1 is a better phone than the Intrepid. It certainly has more/better features - g-sensor, much larger screen with higher resolution to name a couple - but it is thicker and requires the slider for the keyboard. Battery life is not as good as the Intrepid, though, and it's not a world phone like the Intrepid is. On the plus side, you can install any number of 6.5 builds on the Touch Pro 1, of course, with more recent builds and cool features like Manila and Rhodium notifications that you can't get on the Intrepid. You can whittle away entire weeks of your life flashing ROMs on the Touch Pro 1, LOL.

In terms of Intrepid vs. Treo Pro, most people seem to prefer the Intrepid over the Treo Pro from what I've read around here.