Old 01-08-2008, 12:10 AM
InsertUserAlias
PPCGeeks Regular

InsertUserAlias is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan_v9008 View Post
Downloaded ringtones. They wont show up on the drop down list. I have mine saved on the MY RINGTONES folder. They seem to show up on the PHONE:INCOMING CALL drop down list but no on MESSAGING: NEW TEXT MESSAGE
It's most likely because the song you want to use is in the My Rintones directory on your phone. I don't believe that it will recognize the file it is it there. I would also suggest doing the reg hack to let your ringtones play from your SD card to save space on your device. Here is the registry hack.

Allow Ringtones from Micro SD Card
HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring\Directory:\ Windows\ => \Storage Card\
** Need to create a folder on your SD card, named “My Ringtones” (Thanks for dakrnguy4u). Otherwise it won’t work

... after I did the hack my device recognized the files as "ringtones" in all of the sound and notifications directories. If you don't want to do that (cuz messing around in the registry can mess things up if you don't know what you're doing)... just plug in your phone. Open up Activesync and find one of the sounds that is available to be your text tone and then just copy the song you want in there. It should work after that.