Thread: WM7 = Zune
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 11:31 AM
cohowap
PPCGeeks Regular

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM7 = Zune

I wouldn't say it is the zune.

Definatly looks like the zune, but has alot of added features. WM7 = Zune HD + Alot of stuff + a phone.

I think the conference left alot of areas blank, which sounds like we'll hear more at MIX next month.

Overall, I thought the user experience was pretty cool, I just wish they went more into apps and development aspects. Being a Zune HD owner, the layout is identical, except the "Tile" idea on the zune is just the Pins, which is nothing like what was shown on the winmo7.

The basic layout of this, does however confirm that it doesn't support Developer side multi-tasking. While it will be possible to listen to music and play a game (zune can do that now). I don't think it will be possible to say, play 2 games at once, or run an app and a game. But really, with the features WM7 and the zune addition bring, I am having a really hard time actually thinking of a scenario that will happen.

Right now Zune HD doesn't support XNA 3D objects, so if that carries over to WM7Phone we're in for a crap device. But something tells me the phone edition will get the full XNA SDK, and I hope it does.

We'll see more @ MIX!