View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 03:00 PM
gaudet41
PPCGeeks Regular

gaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why Arent There Loads Of Free Apps Like Android & iPhone App Stores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Two weeks a good friend of mine just got his very first smartphone - Tmobile Motorola Cliq. Over the weekend he showed me his new toy. He showed me the Android store and everything that's available to download. He's cheap so he only downloaded the free stuff.

I must say I came away a bit impressed.... also a bit upset. In a matter of 3 short weeks (again, he NEVER had a smartphone before), he had at his fingertips with Android what has take me 10 years to scrounge around and find in Windows Mobile. Yes, I still have tethering... but that argument is getting a bit old. The store that iphone and android users have is really great.

It still perturbs me that Microsoft had the market for 10 years and really didn't do anything with it.
I agree, it is absolutely ridiculous that there isn't some sort of centralized app catalog for win mo. You have to search website after website just for a few apps. Even palm pre's web os system has a very good centralized app catalog.