View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 12:11 AM
xxmillertimexx
PPCGeeks Regular

xxmillertimexx is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrialex View Post
I thought the E was for Edge (2G)? I have seen it a couple times on the latest build as well. Once was when I was out in the middle of nowhere and the other time was when I was in a room with a bunch of servers. Seems to have a hard time keeping a 3G connection when I am near all that wiring...CDMA data works for most people once they put in Android/Internet for the name/apn fields, but if your carrier requires a username/password, chances are you will not be able to use that connection. There seems to be a problem with the RIL currently. Until that gets fixed, be glad WiFi works

If you open a terminal and type "su" (hit enter) then type "ifconfig" (both without quotes. This is to see if you are getting an ip from your carrier by checking your network ip settings. In the results the ppp0 entry is for CDMA (if you see tiwlan0 that is wireless, turn off wireless and wait for the 3G or E icon and try again). It will have a part with Rx & Tx. Rx seems to have 3 packets and 54 bytes if you can't connect to anything (strange because if you can't connect, how are you receiving ANY data???). If it is more than that, you 'should' have a connection. And we can go from there.
I opened pterminal (is that the terminal you were implying?) and I typed su without quotes and it had to force close. Every time I try it freezes.