View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 05:33 PM
buckyswider
PPCGeeks Regular

buckyswider is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
O2:Best Phone BUT minor annoyances...

Hi, I feel like a traitor complaining about a few things, because this really is a great phone. However, there are a few things that really bug me. Maybe Someone Of Greater Knowledge can help me out...

#1- How can I get the LED to let me know I have new alerts (emails/texts/missed calls/vms/etc.)? It seems like a step backward (coming from XV6800) to have to fire up the screen to see if there is anything requiring attention..

#2- How do I select an email/text without "opening" it? Plenty of times I just want to select something in order to delete it, but I have to press it, then "x" it closed in order to delete.

#3- It takes way too many taps for me to select an address from my address book for texting. "Menu>New>Tap to add Recipients>Phone Book>(maginfying glass)>(then tap letters to find name)>(check box next to name)>Done". With the 6800, after "new sms" i just started tapping letters and the names would appear to select. Is there a way to get a simplete mechanism with this phone?

#4- OK, there's no fix for this, but an uncovered charging/data port ON THE BOTTOM is a much better design. There's no just slipping this thing into a charger and pulling it out. Something that seems so logical....WHY SAMSUNG, WHY???

Thanks all. I really hate to sound like a whiner, because this is a really great device...