PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Fresh2Death is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Fresh2Death Send a message via Yahoo to Fresh2Death
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
7 is the default for the current kitchen.

Pagepool is a cache for executing programs (the ones that are actually running). Think of it as additional memory for your running programs.

The larger pagepool is, the more crap you can have actively running. The smaller pagepool is, the more storage memory you have (storage is the area where programs are installed).

The general idea is to make it as small as you can without having any problems (slowness or crashing), because too big is a waste of valuable storage memory. Unfortunately, that magic sweet spot is dependent on how you use your PPC. If you have tons of storage space, feel free to use some of it as pagepool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s10onn2o View Post
holy crap thank you for explaining it in english i have seen some art. on this and i had no idea what in the world they were talking about.
LOL hell ya! i agree with u on that. i set my page pool to 4 and its running smoothly and i have room to install a bunch of stuff without having to rely on my storage card. thx the the explanation. it really helped out alot man. very appreciative. kudos!
previous owned phones - Apache 6700, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, Nexus One - current phone in use : Nexus One