View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 12:53 AM
SlickWulf
Lurker

SlickWulf is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to SlickWulf Send a message via MSN to SlickWulf Send a message via Yahoo to SlickWulf Send a message via Skype™ to SlickWulf
Re: --01/04/2010 --[FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS] Touch Pro2 FAQ --01/04/2010 --

My Brother is having an issue with his HTC touch Pro 2 (Sprint). His is fresh out of the box, unmolested, no roms or anything done with it other than me disabling the SMS sent notification.
He's having an issue where in his SMS inbox is showing 1 new message. There are no messages in the inbox, outbox, sent...nothing. he's deleted all items and did the little "Empty deleted items" he has also done the "Clear SMS/MMS" and that didn't help him either.
He's done everything short of a hard reset...he's not an expert on Pocket PCS, as this is his first (unless you count his Palm Treo 755 or the Blackberry he had before this)

There is only so much I can do with helping him over the phone and not being there with the device in hand. Does anyone have a simple way to solve his issue without me having to drive to Brooklyn to do registry edits on his device?
I've read through this FAQ and don't see this issue coverd anywhere. I had a similar problem with my touch Pro, but only had it with Yahoo. deleted my mail setup on there, and set it up fresh and problem was solved... he can't do that for his SMS however.
I'm still VERY new to this phone as I only got it about a month ago