View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 12:36 AM
OCVpR
Lurker

OCVpR is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Diamond wont import video clips to pc

So yeah im a noob, recently purchased a new Diamond and have been excited to learn all these cool things I can do with my phone. Hopefully I can make it a decent, usable phone. I've been reading up on how to flash my phone with new ROM's ect for a couple weeks now before actually jumping in feet first. Unfortunately, I seem to have hit a road block with the basics - backing up files, syncing with pc, ect before I unlock to flash. Dont know what the deal is, I've searched everywhere for an answer with no luck.

Its a brand new Diamond, never been unlocked or flashed before. I installed the WMDC cd to my desktop pc and couldnt get it to see my phone when connected with the factory supplied data cable. I trouble shooted the issue for many frustrating hours/days uninstalling WMDC and reinstalling. Was thinking maybe I had a bad CD so decided to try and DL WMDC to my laptop this time via MS's own website thus eliminating the possibility of it being that particular desktop or the installation CD, still no luck. Finally I just grabbed a random usb cable lying around and what ya know........it works! Turns out the OEM cable will charge my phone but wont communicate to either pc for some reason but the generic usb cable will. So anyways, I finally get the two devices talking and go into WMDC and select the option to import ( Pictures, Music and Video ) and start the import. Well turns out that WMDC is only importing my pictures and NO DAMN VIDEO It doesnt even seem to see the video's, WTH? So again im searching high and low on multiple forums for an awswer without luck and am about ready to throw this damn phone against the wall, putting us both out of misery.

So Yeah, im a bit frustrated just starting out. Bangin my head against the the wall and I havnt even gotten to the more complicated aspect's of kitchen's, cooking, ect yet. Anyone know what the problem could be? I would be very grateful if someone could shed some light on my "noob" situation. This really shouldnt be this diff but my track record of bad luck with phones / pc issues seems to preceed my efforts.

Last edited by OCVpR; 02-10-2010 at 12:41 AM.