View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 06:22 PM
ksuderman
Lurker

ksuderman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pocket Informant for free. One day only!

I've been searching for a replacement for the PIM included with WM6 and have seen Pocket Informant recommended a few times. Then I came across this.

Quote:
Windows Mobile Pocket PC users can download a free copy of WEBIS' Pocket Informant PIM suite through this Saturday, January 5th. Pocket Informant vastly improves upon the functionality of Pocket Outlook to match and exceed what's available with the desktop app while keeping complete and uncompromising compatibility with Outlook. It features fiver Calendar Views, Notes, Tasks, Contacts, Journal with an enhanced and robust interface designed to help you manage your information.

To take advantage of the free download of the full version (regularly $34.95) customers must add Pocket Informant 2007 to your shopping cart and enter the coupon code PIFREE on checkout."

PalmInfoCenter
I don't know if this offer has been mentioned here before, but since it is only good for a few more hours I didn't waste alot of time looking.

I hope I am not linking to some sort of trojan, but I've just installed it on my Sprint Mogul (HTC 6800) and it seems to be the real deal. Your mileage may vary. Caveat emptor.

Cheers,
Keith

P.S. when checking out it seems that you can select any credit card/payment method. Since the amount due is $0.00 there are no credit card details to fill out on the next page. Also, you are asked for your billing information but since the authorization key and download are provided right then and there I suspect all the information can be bogus except the owner name of the device (which is likely used in the authorization key).