View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 12:25 AM
mbartels
PPCGeeks Regular

mbartels is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What's the Best Way to "Time Out" Data Connection?

I hard reset my phone to fix a few issues and thankfully it helped fix those things.

The problem is that my data connection stays on after I connect to sync, go to the internet etc... It never did this before the hard reset. It would sync every 15 minutes and disconnect on it's own which I thought was a great improvement from my 6700.

Any ideas on why it does this? I don't have any weather or news plug-ins and I don't have push email enabled. I'm aware of the hack to show the connection lenghth and add "disconnect" button but I don't want to have to do this manually every 15 minutes.

The only possibility I can think of is Advanced Configuration 1.1 versus 1.0 I was using 1.1 when the data disconnected but I'm not using 1.0 after hearing many people were having issues with 1.1. Is it possible that Advanced Configuration 1.1 has a feature to disconnect after syncing? Is so, I'm assuming there's a registry setting I could change to make this happen.

Any ideas? Can folks with both versions of Advanced Configuration report whether or not their connection times out on it's own?