View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 09:05 AM
lefty11
Regular 'Geeker

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Backlight Turns On Randomly! HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleki View Post
They all seem to do this when seeking for a native signal. Are you on roam alot in your area?

Your best solution is to lock the screen when you want to put it away

not aware of this issue ... lock would work but would call Sprint on this one and see if they
a possible fix (or exchange since its under 1 yr) . My son's TP 2 would constantly go into roam and he never had that issue. He did however fix his "roaming " issue by updating his PRL . Moreover , and I am just grasping, you aren't using a magnetic case or anything like that near it, are you? I assume not from your post but you never know.
I just exchanged my TP2 because it would start random functions, calls/ opening apps . I believe it was related to the buttons on the bottom as I noticed it only started doing it after one of the buttons stuck . I freed the button up but after that , it started doing crazy things.This sounds a lot like the experiences you are having. Not to say its same issue but it was not a roaming issue at all. I was running a stock rom , so I wasn't worried about ROM causing problem. A few days later I have a nice new shiny TP2 after going through tech support. Hassle free and easy once you get to tier 2 tech. BTW I also had an issue with the mic not picking up my voice when placing calls about 20 percent of the time after this stuff started happening. Good Luck

Last edited by lefty11; 02-07-2010 at 09:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.