View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 02:32 AM
bluecdxx
Lurker

bluecdxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 upgrade for FREE?? Join us, all success stories now in post #1, SEE IT WORK!

I just received a free TP2. Thanks boredandtattooed et al.

Called last Friday night late and complained about issues I was having with the phone. Was told they could replace it with a Palm Pre, Palm Pro, BB Curve, HTC Snap or refurbished HTC Touch Pro. I explained to them that I really wanted a non refurbished phone with a wide keyboard for my fat thumbs. The guy was nice but said those were the only options.

Ended call without asking for a replacement saying I needed time to think about. Received a call 5 minutes later from the Sprint guy saying I just found out we can offer you a TP2 as well. Still said I needed to think about it and would call back.

Called back the next morning to ask for the replacement but the replacement center isn't open over the weekend, so I was told I would get called back on Monday. Called again Monday morning to get replacement. Was told that TP2 was no longer available (it was grayed out according to the woman). Asked to talk with a supervisor with more abilities. Talked to supervisor who was amazing and called around to warehouses and dealers until she found me a TP2 and got it sent to me.

I've been with Sprint for wireless for about 8 years. Their customer service has been horrid in the past. But I really have to say hats off to them this time. Everyone was helpful, professional and willing to go the extra mile. It may be because my account is 8 years old and has multiple lines but who knows maybe they value customers more now.

My initial reaction to the phone is that I am over all very pleased. I have owned a Mogul, TP and now TP2 as far as smart phones go. I actually love the size of the phone and tilt screen. It feels faster than TP with the default ROM. The speaker for speaker phone is AMAZING. Best I have experienced on a cell phone.

Good luck to everyone.