Thread: My old Mogul
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 02:14 PM
psiphi
Halfway to VIP Status

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My old Mogul

You can get a cradle for it and install WeatherPanel and one of the full screen skins like PhatFinger IV and custom animated icons... (Set the phone background intensity to a low level, disable the wi-fi, screen, or phone turning off) I also suggest running Skype in the background, so it is still a phone... (I use Second Today and the Skype Plug-in. Running all this uses up most of the available RAM.)

I found the GPS to be too much trouble to prime and get a lock if you don't have AGPS active. If you use it with Garmin XT, you will need a program like the MSL GPS plug-in to prime the GPS (take about 2 minutes to get lock without AGPS) and make sure to tweak the power management to keep the GPS from going to sleep... It works, just takes IMHO too much effort up front. Probably runs much better with an external Bluetooth GPS, but I haven't tried that yet...

Anything you would use a Non-Phone PDA is open for you... Other uses: Sound effect machine, Guitar tuner, Tricorder (prop), Stock/Sports/News Ticker, Bluetooth Remote for laptop (for XBMC for instance)...

Last edited by psiphi; 03-09-2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: More ideas