View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 12:57 PM
fumanchu182
Lurker
Threadstarter

fumanchu182 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I want to make it so that my changes on the PPC make changes on the PC. I think the PC changed the PPC and since it was a blank outlook profile with not contacts that is what happened. How do I make changes in active sync to do so?

I am also using Oulook 2007

Edit:

Here is a write up cause I don't wany anyone to go through the hell I have had. This will work for an initial setup.

When it asks you to sync uncheck all the options such as contacts/calendar/email/etc... and then click OK. It should bring you to the sync window. The go to tools->options. You will get a window that has an icon and Windows PC at the top of a tree listing as follows:

Right click on the Window PC and then click settings, you will get a window like:

When you look at the drop down for "If there is a conflict:" change it to "Replace Item on Desktop" and you should be set. Select the items you want to sync and there you go. IMO Activesync is a steaming pile of elephant dung and I am researching other ways to backup my contacts list as we speak. Mileage will vary with this method and I am not responsible if something goes wrong...

Last edited by fumanchu182; 01-03-2008 at 01:30 PM.