View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 01:05 AM
mstevens
Regular 'Geeker

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Trip to Mexico (Sprint). $0.002/KB. Too much?

Use the wifi in your hotel!

If there is some reason you must use the phone network, only you can estimate how much data you'll use, not us. That depends on a number of factors, including what things you have running that automatically use the network. Examples include social networking, IM, MyPhone, weather and stock updates, etc. To compute how much you'll be transferring for the emails, check the size of a day's worth of emails to get an average, then multiply that by the number of days you'll be there. I doubt anyone can estimate the size of your emails without seeing them.

I've got TelCel SIM's that I used to use in a couple of cheap Motorola L2's when we are in Mexico and will be using in our Touch Pro 2's there in a few weeks. It's quite cheap for local calls, but I've never used data on the phone network there. That's what wifi at the hotel is for! In fact, I've installed MoDaCo nodata on both our phones to ensure that we won't accidentally end up using any cellular data services.