View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 10:32 PM
fishingmedic
VIP Member

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Problem with Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETphoneHOME View Post
Hello fellow ppcgeekers. I encountered a little hardware problem with my Touch Pro 2 today. My phone keeps shutting off by itself so I traced the problem back to my battery. The battery itself is still good (I think), the problem starts when my battery is pushed into the phone. It will work fine as long as the back cover is off. Once I slide the back cover back on, the phone will refuse to turn on. I realize that if I push the left side of the battery against the phone, it will reset it self. Any ideas? I really need my phone tomorrow and would rather not carry it around without a backcover. However, I will be bringing it into a Sprint repair center if I cannot get this problem fixed myself. Comments, ideas, answers and questions are welcome. Thanks.
I don't think you have an option. It's not as simple as flashing a new ROM or removing a taskbar... it's a hardware issue, and unless you feel like putting a piece of tape here or a shim there, you've gotta take it to the repair center and see if they can fix it. Sounds like a contact issue, trying cleaning them off (or maybe a bad connection in the internals), but other than that, repair center it is.
This post has been thanked 1 times.