View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why the heck can't I tether?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpmaxim View Post
HTC Touch Pro 2 on Sprint, stock ROM. I installed GoodThings2Life's cleanup pack, and the registry fixes, otherwise, its pretty out of the box. I start Internet Sharing it asks me to select between USB or Bluetooth (defaults to USB). I keep it at USB and then click "Connect" on the lower left. The button grays out for a few seconds and then goes back to white. The "Status: Disconnected" remains constant.

I've tried variations on this by plugging and unplugging the USB cable at different times. At one point my Windows Mobile Device Center would ask me what type of connection I was making and I selected "Internet sharing" but it doesn't seem to ask me that any more.

I'm running Windows 7 on the PC.

Can anyone explain whats going on and suggest a fix?

Well WMDC should really stay out of this equation just like Active Sync does on XP.

That said, looks for the Tweaks & Modification sticky & there's a cab that should tweak everything the right way including give you a box that will show SPRINT under ICS which the GTTL tweaks doesn't do.

I did the GTTL cleanup & actually worked the first night I tested ICS.
But the next night I got a code 67 error.

Installed the tweak cab from MM & it works perfectly.
Also, since you're new, try searching before asking. There are like 320 threads on this topic every day.
This post has been thanked 1 times.