View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 11:00 PM
mswlogo
VIP Member
Threadstarter

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: iGuidance MortScript to get around TTS not always working

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsachirpthing View Post
Great work mswlogo. You beat me to it. After the discussion in the other thread, I added the kill lines to my script. It has helped tremendously, however my MightRom 1/20 decided not to let me use my tts again this morning. Still killing these with the script and no voice command. I think we are close to closing this case. I passed the thanks along, I appreciate your contribution.
Try the new script I attached. I learned that using Kill is bad. So I try to close windows first which is more graceful and makes sure resources are released.

This also shuts down GPSGate gracefully and patches things up in case you rebooted with it running.

Only problem with this script is it does not break out of loops with time outs if close window never closes (I was lazy).

I think this is better than the iGo script and can be easily adapted for iGo as well.

FYI: use Task Manager to find the Top Level windows name and close that install of Killing apps.