View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 12:56 PM
wmdunn
VIP Member

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Suggestions for fast, stable ROM?

OK, I'll jump in ... there will be different opinions, so you'll need to figure out what's important for you. First of all, I love my Diamond. It's been very reliable, has a great looking screen, and is pocket-able. Hopefully, my next phone will be the same, only with a larger screen and a faster processor.

There are a couple of things important to me ... reliability, everything must work, reasonable battery life, and a nice UI. I am willing to sacrifice being on the "bleeding edge", for these things. I have tried almost every rom available over the last eighteen months, and have cooked in multiple kitchens. I have gone from Manila to Titanium and back to Manila. At the moment, I have two roms that work for me. The first is a Sense 2.1 (6.1/21055) which I put together in OMJ's kitchen. All the essentials work for me, although there will always be a small bug or two. It looks great on my Diamond, sort of like a "mini HD2". Actually, it makes my phone feel new again. The second rom I use, is also a 6.1 (21055), which I put together using the older Sprint manila. With it, everything works, it is quick, battery life is good, and it is very stable. As for the way it looks, I have dressed it up with newer 2.5 icons, etc ... so it feels new. Most would be hard pressed to know that underneath the updated exterior, beats the stability of a 6.1 system build.

From your post count, you are either new to the forum, or have been lurking. In any event, there are still enough of us here, waiting on new phones ... who are more than willing to help. If any of this resonates with you, let me know if you would like some assistance.