Lurker
Threadstarter

SGMD1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to unlock the SIM card on a Verizon Wireless HTC Touch Pro2 for FREE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgourd View Post
You know, all the steps you did are not really necessary. If you just call verizon, they will unlock the phone for you for free. Only steps 7 and 8 are actually important.
Yes and no...the first time I tried calling, I got an incompetent rep. She told me that there would be no way to unlock it before leaving the US and that I'd have to wait to go abroad and then call the Verizon international number...which is totally inaccurate. It wasn't until I googled afterwards that I realized she was wrong.

The reason she thought this was because the GSM/UMTS settings tab is normally greyed out while in CDMA mode, and she had wanted me to access a setting in that menu; a.) That menu is easily accessible just by changing the Network type (step 4 in OP) and b.) the setting she wanted me to access (PIN/PIN2) was irrelevant for SIM unlocking anyway.

So yes, VZW should be able to unlock with a simple phone call, but in case you experience an incompetent rep like I did, hopefully Googlers will find this thread and it will come in handy