View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 03:27 PM
cray54
Lurker

cray54 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fast and Effective Shells on Titan (SPB vs. ThrottleLauncher vs. ?)

I have just begun experimenting with shells on my Titan. My primary concern is how to speed up ThrottleLauncher and if there are other specific (ideally free / donate) shells I should be trying.

SPB Mobile Shell: I was amazed at the performance. It is fast and intuitive. The default “Professional” layout packs a lot of useful information on the screen in a visually pleasing way. Customization is very easy and there are a variety of themes available.

Manila 2D: I tried Manila 2D to test the speed and it seemed comparable to MS 3.5 but I think MS 3.5 had an edge. I intend to avoid Manila 2D for memory reasons, but I’m still considering it.

I then decided to try ThrottleLauncher 1.0 RC3 as I would prefer to support freeware / donateware. There were many themes available, but they all seemed quite sluggish and customization was not nearly as easy. I have read many accounts of Throttle Launcher being fast and highly customizable. Are there ways to speed up ThrottleLauncher on the Titan (as compared to SPB 3.5)?

I have tested these on DCD 4.1.2 (WM 6.1 ROM) and several WM 6.5 ROMs. Results seems similar on the ROMs I’ve tried.

Thanks,
Chris