View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Magik_Missles
PPCGeeks Regular

Magik_Missles is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock Your Droid. (800MHz, 900MHz and 1GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
for anyone is iffy or wanted a detailed experience for a fellow user... heres my experience of the OC while i used it.

OC: 900MHz
Rom: HC Nexus 2.1

well initially i flashed it at 80% which it got stuck at when trying to charge afterwards and had to do a battery pull and then when it rebooted it was at 100% to my surprise... when out for a bit and noticed i had lost 20% while my phone was idle... i figured my BW updates 15mins and my GPS/Autosync are on so maybe thats why.... i charged it for work and while at work again i lost 20% within an hour... then i turned on BW to update every hour. turned on my bluetooth to listen to my mp3s and proceeded with work... within minutes my phone was warm to the touch... within the next 3hrs my phone went to 40% was hot at the touch and just seemed like it was going 20% an hour... so i installed my last backup of 2.1 before the kernal within minutes my phone cooled down and my battery went from 40% to 60% and stayed there for 2hrs while listening to music via bluetooth.... i also noticed not many used 2.1 when OCin'... mostly are all on Pete's, Adamz or sholes 2.0.1..... and i've never flashed anything but the HC nexus one rom... so i may try those roms and maybe attempt the OC again... but so far... i seen no beneficial or real speed increase to my eyes... besides benchmarks.. my market seemed to take longer as if didn't want to connect to the internet everytime i tried to use it... it also broke my screen brightness..... so the OC is fun to play with... but for my uses just not up to my needs of a phone right now..
Talk about an honest review. I love it. You would normally expect a black and white review when it comes to OC and Hacks. Either OMG THIS ROX, or OMG FTL. I appreciate the honesty. I'm not convinced to do the OC yet, but will definitely keep an open eye for more reviews and tests.