View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 11:53 AM
elephant007
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I'm Here! Gave Up My TP2 for A Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
The same thing happened for me. I got one to check out for my wife and I kept it and gave her my TP2. I'm happy, she's happy and I am not missing WinMo one bit.
Funny how that works huh? My girlfriend is going from a Katana II to the TP2 so there's a huge jump... she once owned a LG Lotus, it kept powering off on it's own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcole2003 View Post
what is it that makes it better than tp2/windows.?
Stability, snappiness, easy of use, interface is much cleaner and more organized, the application sort themselves alphabetically without you having to move the icons or change the registry. The interface is fast, scrolling texts are pretty cool too, when you get a text on the top of the screen it scrolls a few lines instead of interrupting what you might be doing like surfing the internet.
All the WinMo users that always WISH to have an app store that has a huge selection of free apps, well Android Market is your answer. The Moments screen may not be as big as the TP2, it is still wide screen though.
You can download an app and play MP4 movies like on the TP2.
Like having the flip clock with the weather on it? Well just download the Weather Widgets and you'll get that feature. I think that this phone can be for the every day basic user or the power user who likes to tinker with, tweak and use the phone hard core..
The slide out QWERTY, even though it's taking some getting used to, feels very rugged sliding out and in... it doesn't tilt, i never used that feature anyway on the TP2.
And NO, I'm not all excited just because it's a new phone, I'm excited because it's a great phone.
I gave my daughter a HTC Hero to use for thirty days, she had the second generation Samaung Instinct, well she's decided she wants to keep her Android based Hero... thankfully I get to keep the Moment because my original plan was to give my girlfriend the Moment and I would play around with the Hero... if I didn't like it I would go back to the TP2... so much for plans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Combine the ease of use and reliability of the iPhone with the openness and capability of WM, and you have Android . Thats the easiest way to sum it up.
Well put my broken footed friend... even though I'd rather not say anything about the iPhone, you have simplified the 'betterness' of having an Android based phone... plus we don't have to use AT&T!
Funny how a lot of the Android apps are the same that are found for the iPhone huh? Well that could be because they are both based on *nix kernels? Anyhow, finally a phone that has some hard core apps, which most are free and more importantly all in one convenient location for our picking!

Compare them here http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare.php?id[]=2311&id[]=2185&id[]=&id[]=&id[]= oh yeah, it has a flash for the camera too! Has 16.7 million colors (24bit) compared to the TP2 65,536 (16-bit)

Last edited by elephant007; 01-24-2010 at 12:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.