Old 12-29-2007, 04:09 PM
natose
Lurker
Threadstarter

natose is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks to all for your replies.
The ROM on the phone is the same as it was when I left the store (R:1.32.00; D: 2.09). I have not tried to update the ROM because I am not that advanced and it would be my own fault if I screwed up my phone. I have 72MB of free space on the phone itself. I have PPCPIMBackup on the phone, but I am not confident that it’s working correctly. When I backup my contacts, I choose the option to “Compress.” When I checked the backup (Compressed file) the file is 115k. The previous backup file is 122k. I checked the PIM file and see that its 900k before I try (unsuccessfully) to copy the file to the storage card. After I get the error message that I can not copy the file, I check the size of the PIM file again and see that its now 832k. So I used the PIMBackup again and uncheck the “Compress” option. I create a backup, check that backup and see that it’s only 510k. Where did the other 320K go?

I do sync with my corporate email, so im pretty confident that I’d get those contacts back, but I also have personal contacts as well. These contacts do not appear in my Outlook contacts. The personal contacts (opposed to the corporate) are the ones I’m most concerned about.

In regard to the temp file, I can not delete anything, cant move, copy, or rename anything through the phone. I can’t transfer files from the phone to the PC, cant transfer files from the PC to the computer. I can’t download files on the phone; I get an error that this type of file can not be downloaded. If I remove the memory card and put that into my PC, I can delete to my hearts desire.

I know that a hard reset is inevitable; I just want to be certain that I have all my contacts. I no longer have my old phone so what’s gone would be gone when I need them most. Looks like im going to have to take my chances with the PCS store.