Thread: Making a Backup
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 02:06 PM
gguruusa
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzles View Post
I recently obtained my father's old xv6700 and I've been doing some reading and decided to give the helmi's windows mobile 6 upgrade a try. However, I'd like to be able to backup the current os just in case. I looked on the forums for a bit and didn't find anything of that sort. Is it possible?
Yes, it's possible. There are 3 parts to it, however.

1) PIM settings - you'll need to grab these using a PIM backup utilitiy. If you don't, you won't be able to load them after you upgrade.

2) Registry settings - same drill, you'll want to note any custom settings (WIFI settings and e-mail certificates) so you can load them into the new OS

3) the ROM - You can either get the stock rom from your carrier and load that, or you can actually back up the ROM. There are free and pay solutions for backing up your rom.