View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 12:43 PM
GaMedic
Ditch Doctor

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tutorial to upgrade your ROM to WM6

Important: This tutorial is outdated. I have posted a new tutorial here in the Apache thread. Select this link for the current tutorial please. I have also posted a tutorial in the Titan (6800) thread that is specific for that device. The link for it is in my signature. Thanks for all the support.

Many people have requested a tutorial on how to upgrade or flash a new ROM. This is my best effort to create a “how to“. I am not a web developer or a windows mobile guru of any kind so there may be mistakes. Use this at your own risk. If you have questions do a search or post them in this thread and someone will attempt to help you. If I am wrong on any of this documentation, don’t worry someone will point it out and I will be glad to edit my post.

Edit: This is for Apache 6700 phones only.
Edit: Just to let everyone know this tutorial is for 6.0 not 6.1. Some of the principles are the same but downloading the kitchen and some of the drop down menus are different.

The first thing you need to do is to setup. You will need to do or have the following items before you flash your ROM. Some are common sense things but I will list them anyway.

1. A computer running Windows XP or Windows Vista. I run XP so I don’t know how to instruct those of you running Vista, but there is plenty of reference to it in the forums. Make sure that your computer has an open USB port. I wouldn’t try flashing with your USB cable attached to a USB hub. No technical reason that I can give you, I just wouldn’t do it personally.
2. Active sync version 4.5. No other version will work for this process. It can be downloaded here as a free download.
3. A mini USB cable. One end should fit in the USB port on your PC and one end in the mini USB on your PPC.
4. Check for your boot loader version. To do this you simply Press the power button, the record button and the reset button at the same time. (Screenshot )You will notice that the screen gets dark. If you take a small light or flashlight and look at the screen you will be able to see the word USB at the top of the screen. At the bottom of the screen you will see the version number. Example: 2.02, 1.02, 2.04 or 1.04. You will need to make a note of which version you have so that you can select it during the build process. To exit boot loader hit the reset button only.
5. Download the latest version of the kitchen found here.
6. Download the OEM folder call PPcgeeks_OEM.rar from the same post as above and leave it in the rar format. Place this file in the root folder where you stored your kitchen. If you did not change the default location for the kitchen when you downloaded it then it should be C:\Buildos.
You should now have the setup portion complete. The next post will be for the actual selection of items to burn into your ROM.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>

Last edited by GaMedic; 08-05-2008 at 02:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.