View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 04:39 AM
natose
Lurker

natose is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Major Technical Difficulties with the Mogul

Ok guys, I need some help in a big way here. My phone is experiencing some serious technical difficulties. Here is what I have done and what the phone is doing.
• Cube – Yellow - was installed until about 3 weeks ago
• TouchFlo – was installed until about 3 weeks ago.
• Audio Manager – installed
• HTC Home Yellow icons - installed
• HTC Action Screen - installed
• Yellow Quick Launcher – Installed
• PocketCM – Installed
• Kaiser Comm Manager (10 button) – installed
• PPCGeeksMMS.cab – installed
• TestTodayPlugin – installed
• Wizard_reTouched_Dialer – installed
• PHMRegEdit – installed

I had some trouble getting the cube working correctly, mainly because I did not realize I needed to slide my finger up the screen to activate. Somehow I uninstalled the MMS application which was on the phone when I bought it. The MMS worked fine out of the box (I’ve other posting saying the Sprint Mogul does not come with MMS (Kansas mine did)) I installed a few different versions and apps that I decided not to use, so I uninstalled them using the uninstaller on the phone.

After about a week, I noticed that the phone was just too slow for my comfort and I uninstalled the Cube-yellow and TouchFlo. Over the past two weeks I noticed some odd things with the phone here and there. Today, I am not longer able to listen to music via Shoutcast.com, I get a error message indicating that the phone is not able to download this type of file. This worked weeks ago. I then noticed that when I plugged the phone into the computer, I then got an error message indicating that the phone was unable to sync with the PC. Also, the phone is extremely slow when pulling up text and email. I even saw the screen turn yellow at one point and had to reboot to get the screen back to blue.I also noticed that I am not able to “Move, copy, edit, delete, or transfer files from the phone, not even to the memory card. I get a message indicating that the file can not be … make sure the disk is not full or the file may be in use. I have rebooted many times, turned the phone off for hours, and even removed the battery for a while. No luck resolving the issue at this time.

I would like to copy the PIM file to save my contacts and then restore the factory defaults. The only registry edit that I have made was the edit for the PPCGeeksMMS to allow for editing of the server IP address, which I did not change. Also, I am unable to delete any of the above applications because they no longer show up as applications that are installed. When I go into setting/remove apps, the box is blank as if there are zero apps installed. This too worked a couple of weeks ago. It seems as if I have a virus which is taking control over the phone.

My apologies for this being so long, but I am out of ideals and I want to get my phone working right without taking it to the PCS store.