View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 01:44 PM
jmorton10
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: improving Sling performance (big thanks to steveusa)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavblues View Post
The version posted by HTC_TP is the older version (0.7). Seeing that after I installed it, I went to XDA and downloaded the latest version (1.2) and tried that version.

For me, the older version actually produced smoother playback so I'm sticking with that for now.

IMO, connection speed (and upload speed) are still the most important components. This does seem to help make playback smoother, however.

Interested to hear which version other people find better.

That is interesting, the only version I have ever used is 1.2.

I should probably try the older version myself & see how it works in my system (every system is different so it may or may not work better in my particular setup)

You are 100% correct about connection speed. The biggest difference I have made to date was last year when I updated my wireless router & replaced some of my LAN cabling, THAT made a HUGE difference in Sling Mobile display quality....

~John