View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 11:31 AM
WBFAir
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Could someone explain some of the battery useage report to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
im not sure about any of the terms, but if it did only get 12 hrs, i think thats pretty poor. i usually get 24 to 36 hrs use out of it. say from mon morn to tues afternoon. ive never checked my usage stats tho, and i do plug in to flash or add a cab to my sd card a few times a day, i guess that could be the big difference.
Yeah I was thinking when I sat down to write this about asking about that but one, I didn't really title the thread question with that, but two and I don't mean to say this from a nasty stand point but I have come to find that no one on this boad seems interested in reading or answering any question that is more then two sentences long so despite how long that was, I was trying to keep it as short and to the point as possible so I left that part out.

I guess in third too I was figuring if was lucky enough to could get some of those questions answered I could work on that more on my own.

But also to make a point about those times, as I mentioned I have hacked the WiFi to be on full time and in my office I have WiFi so through out the whole day even in StandBy the thing is checking and sometimes getting emails every fifteen minutes, that I am constantly waking up the phone to delete and then letting it go back to Standby and as well since it its like that I’m sure its connecting for other stuff.

Also I have installed a notification add-on that will continue to make sound notifications ever five minutes for those e-mails and that does that in Standby as well.

Then I also went out of the office for the last half of the day and since I have the data locked off and the WiFi on full time, I’m assuming even in StandBy it is constantly picking up various WiFi spots and either trying or actually locking into and out of them all day.

With all this I wouldn’t expect that I would have the same time on the stock battery but that is also why I was asking all this as I’m figuring I will have to get a larger mAh one but I figured, if it will at least make it though the day, that with monitoring this report and understanding it better, I might have a better idea of exactly what my mAh needs are going to be.

But thanks for that feed back though.