View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 11:06 AM
jmorton10
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
improving Sling performance (big thanks to steveusa)

Poster steveusa recently posted that GfxBoost enabled would improve the performance slightly of Sling Mobile.

I had given up using GfxBoost & never bothered installing it with my current ROM as it basically ruined the performance of CorePlayer & I never realized how simple it is to turn it on/off

Steve agreed that is was not good for CP but that it was simple to enable it only when Sling was going to be used.

I decided to give that simple app another shot yesterday & I am absolutely thrilled with the results. I installed GfxBoost 1.2 & enabled it.

With GfxBoost enabled, I get no video at all with CorePlayer (although the audio works fine) but my Sling Mobile performance is so good I was literally shocked. I have a Pro-Clip bracket in my truck & when I drop the TP2 into it, it automatically connects the video out to my 7" DBL DIN DVD/NAV screen & the sound to my killer multi-amp sound system.

The picture from the Sling setup using GfxBoost is incredible. The picture is not hi-def of course, but it is so good it rivals an actual standard-def TV screen.

To use CorePlayer, all I have to do is disable the GfxBoost app which doesn't even require a soft reset.

~John
This post has been thanked 2 times.