View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 10:44 PM
platin465
PPCGeeks Regular

platin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Camera button not working at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotssax View Post
Hello geniuses (and I mean that in the most respectful and awe struck way),

I am new to flashing and kitchens and roms and cooked and so forth, but I have flashed a couple of times; mainly because my Alltel PPC 6800 kept freezing on me. I think I have developed a hardware problem though that I hope you guys can help me work around.

It seems that I have worn out the camera button with all the times I have entered the bootloader. Is there a way to work around the "power+camera+reset" method of entering the bootloader? I have a feeling if there was that people would use that instead of the traditional method but I thought I would give it a shot. Oh, and I am using dcd's 4.1.2 with a 3.37.2 radio. I'm actually trying to update to the 3.52.4 radio but I need a bootloader. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You could take it apart and see if it's just dirty/not touching properly. It's very easy to take apart, either with a small torx or a small flathead. If it doesn't work when you press it, maybe the button is broken and you could jumper accross it with a bit of wire. Or, if you have insurance, have the repair center fix that problem for you.

Last thing I can think of is that part of the ROM upgrade process puts it into bootloader, so perhaps you could get it to that point and instead of installing a ROM, do the radio upgrade.

That's what I would do if I couldn't find a better option. Hopefully you'll be able to get there.