View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 11:44 AM
mchapman007
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mchapman007 knows their stuffmchapman007 knows their stuffmchapman007 knows their stuffmchapman007 knows their stuffmchapman007 knows their stuffmchapman007 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to mchapman007
Re: Complete Verizon TouchPro 2 Help & How-To

Settings:

* Tapping the "X" icon in a program simply closes the program screen but the program continues to run on my device. How can I change the settings so that I can end a program by tapping the "X" icon? Tap Start > Settings > System Tab > Task Manager > Button tab and select End programs by tapping "X"

* How do I customize the TouchFLO Home screen tabs? Tap or press Start > Settings > Customize tabs. Uncheck to remove the tab and tab and drag the icon on the left to rearrange.

* How do I set the device password? To set the device password Tap Start > Settings >All Settings > Personal tab > Lock to set a device password.

* How do I modify my Date and Time settings? You can modify the Time Zone, Date, and Time on your device by going to Start > Settings >All Settings > System (tab) > Clock & Alarm. You can also tap on the clock on the home screen. You also have the option to set the device to automatically obtain this information from the wireless network by going to Start > Settings >All Settings > Personal (tab) > Phone > CDMA Services (tab) > Time Synchronization.

* Where do I see the Standby time, Talk time and Device usage since last full charge? Tap Start > Settings >All Settings > Power > Information (tab).

Storage Card:

* What are the options for external memory for my device? The HTC Touch Pro2 supports up to 16gb microSD memory cards.

* What type and size MicroSD storage cards can I use? Currently the MicroSD card supports 2.0 SDHC compatibility.

* Where do I put the microSD card? Remove the back cover of the device and place the microSD card inside the slot along the right edge of the device.

Synchronization:

* Is it possible to sync data wirelessly without a data connection? Yes, you can use Bluetooth to sync with your PC via ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Device Center or another device which also supports Bluetooth. It is also possible to sync directly with an Exchange Server.

* What options do I have to connect my device to a computer using USB? You can connect the device to a computer using USB either as an External Drive or through Microsoft ActiveSync. If using Windows Vista, you will use Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) rather than ActiveSync. Simply plug the device in and choose an option on the screen of the device.

* ActiveSync is not recognizing my device, what should I do? Be sure that you have not connected your device to your PC before you installed ActiveSync. If you did plug in your device before installing, uninstall ActiveSync and start the process over ensuring that you do not plug your device in until after ActiveSync has been installed. If using Windows Vista, the same applies for Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC).

Verify that your device is recognized by your PC in the Device Manager; if it is not, resolve that issue first.

Verify you are using the USB cable supplied with your HTC Touch Pro2.

Unplug your device from the PC for a few seconds and then plug it back in.

Perform a Soft reset on the device while it is plugged into the PC.

On the device, go to Start > Settings >All Settings > Connections > USB to PC and uncheck the Enable faster data synchronization box.

* I want to sync my device with my MAC, am I able to use ActiveSync to do this? ActiveSync is not compatible with Macintosh computers. While you will be unable to use ActiveSync, there is 3rd party software that allows synchronization between Windows Mobile Devices and a Macintosh. Please also note while you may not be able to synchronize your PIM information with your Macintosh computer / applications, you can transfer files such as music, movies, photos, etc. to your HTC Touch Pro2 by using a the USB cable and setting your Touch Pro2 to Disk Drive mode (Start > Settings >All Settings > Connections > USB-to-PC). This will enable the microSD card inside the Touch Pro2 to be utilized like a USB thumb drive.

* How do I install Microsoft ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC)? Insert the "Getting Started" CD that came with your device into your PC and follow the prompts.

Note: The disk will detect what operating system you have and what sync software you have loaded. If you already have ActiveSync installed on your PC, it will not give you an option to install it from the disk (same for WMDC) until it has been removed from your PC.

* I lost the CD that came with my device, where can I get a copy of ActiveSync/WMDC? ActiveSync is a free download that can be found on the Microsoft website:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...c/default.mspx

* How do I set up ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Device Center? Once ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Device Center is installed and your device is connected to your PC, you will be presented a configuration Wizard that will take you through the set up.

System:

* How do I perform a soft reset?Perform a soft (normal) reset to clear all active program memory and shut down all programs. This is useful when your device is running slower than normal, or a program is not performing properly. If a soft reset is performed when programs are running, unsaved work is lost. Pull out the stylus and remove the back cover. Use the stylus tip to press the RESET button located at the upper-left side of the open back panel.

* How to I ensure my HTC Touch Pro2 software is up to date? Visit www.vzw.com and check the Support section for your product. You will find upgrade instructions and software if one is available for your device.

* How do I perform a hard reset from within the OS? A hard reset will restore the device to the original factory settings deleting any programs or settings you have installed. To perform a hard reset within the device tap Start > Settings >All Settings > System Tab > Clear Storage.

* What is a G-Sensor? A G-Sensor is an accelerometer and measures the forces that act on it and allows for auto screen rotation and other device enhancements. To access G-Sensor settings tap or press Start > Settings > G-Sensor to adjust screen rotation and calibration settings.

* How do I remove and add programs from the Start screen? From the Start screen tap any empty icon showing + to add an application. Tap Remove to show those programs that can be removed. They will have an X in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. Tap the X to remove the program from the Start screen.

* How do I check the device information? Tap Start > Settings >All Settings > System (tab) > Device Information to check the ROM version, ROM date, Radio version, Protocol version, and other hardware information.