View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 11:42 AM
mchapman007
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mchapman007 knows their stuffmchapman007 knows their stuffmchapman007 knows their stuffmchapman007 knows their stuffmchapman007 knows their stuffmchapman007 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to mchapman007
Re: Complete Verizon TouchPro 2 Help & How-To

Display:

* How do I adjust the text size on my device? Go to Start > Settings >All Settings > System (tab) > Screen > Text Size (tab). Modify the text size as desired.

* How do I adjust the backlight on my device? Go to Start > Settings >All Settings > System (tab) > Power > Backlight (tab)

* When navigating programs, my device is not responding accurately to stylus taps. What should I do? Recalibrate the screen. Tap Start > Settings >All Settings > System Tab > Screen, tap Align Screen and follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the screen.

* My display/screen's image is inverted, faded or discolored, what can I do to fix it? Perform a soft reset by powering the unit off, pressing the reset button under the battery cover, or removing the battery. If the screen issue persists, back up all information on your device and perform a Hard Reset.

NOTE: A hard reset will remove all information from your device. Make sure to backup all information before performing a hard reset.

* How do I extend the backlight time on my device? Tap Start > Settings >All Settings > System (tab) > Power > Advanced (tab). Select a longer backlight timeout from the drop-down list.

* Something is wrong with my display; it goes dark after a few minutes of inactivity but my device is still powered on. What is happening? The device is going into hibernation. The device is still powered on and can receive calls, emails, and messages, but the screen has gone to sleep to preserve power. To "wake" the device, simply tap the backlight button on the top right edge of the device.

General and Other:

* How can I optimize the performance of my device? The main reason for device performance decrease is the lack of available memory. You will want to free up more memory so that the device can return to normal function.

This device offers a few options for managing memory.

• There is a shortcut for the Task Manager on the upper right corner of the Today screen that allows you to view programs that are currently running and gives you the option to shut them down to free up memory.
• There is also an X-Button application that allows you to choose what action is taken when the X button is tapped (minimize or close). To access and change these settings, tap the Task Manager shortcut and choose Options (wrench icon) from the drop down. The settings for the X-button can be found on the Button tab.

Note: When the "X" Button is not set to end running programs, tapping the "X" button will only minimize the program and it will still be running in the background using memory and draining battery. This allows you to quickly multi-task between applications.

* How do I link my Facebook account? Tap or press Start > People > All Contacts > Me (My contact card). Scroll to the bottom and tap the Link

* How do I connect to an external display? You need an HTC TV Out cable to be able to connect your device to an external display. The HTC TV Out cable is sold separately.

* How do I remove and replace the back cover? You need to temporarily remove the stylus to be able to remove or replace the back cover. Firmly hold the device with both hands and the front panel facing down. Push the back cover up with your thumbs until it disengages from the device and then slide it up to remove.

* What does a Hard Reset do and how is it performed? A hard reset removes all information from your device and returns it to a state just like it has never been used before. All contacts, messages, emails, 3rd party applications, etc. will need to be reinstalled after performing a hard reset. To perform a hard reset, navigate to Start > Settings >All Settings > System (tab) > Clear Storage. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete. This process will take 5-10 minutes

* How do I use the zoom bar? While browsing websites using Opera, viewing an image in Album, or using other applications that support zooming you can slide your finger back and forth between the + and - icons to zoom in and out.

* When should I perform a Hard Reset? A Hard Reset should only be performed after all other troubleshooting options have been exhausted or if you want to remove everything from your unit at the same time.

* Is there a Select All option on the device? To select all files, select one file and then tap Menu > Edit > Select All.

* How do I move files on my device? Tap Start > All Programs > File Explorer and search for the file you want to move. Tap and hold on the file to open a menu, and then tap Cut. Navigate to the target folder where you want to move the file. On the target folder, tap and hold on an empty space, then tap Paste.

* How do I return to the Home Screen? Press End to return to the Home Screen.

* Where is the Home button? The Home button has been combined with End. To go to the Home screen press End.

* How do I view All Programs? Tap or press Start > All Programs.

* How do I view All Settings? Tap or press Start > Settings >All Settings.

* What is the difference between the Contacts application and People? The Contacts application can still be found by tapping Start > All Programs > Contacts or you can use the revamped and enhanced TouchFLO 3D interface which is called People.

* How can I lock the keys and screen of my device? Tap or press Start > Settings >All Settings > Personal (tab) > Buttons > End Key (tab). Choose Lock device in the radio buttons and tap OK. Press and hold the End key to lock the keys and screen.

* Where is the Start menu? The Start menu has been replaced with the Start screen. When you press or tap Start you will be taken to the newly designed Start screen.

* How do I access the Notifications screen? Tap the icon bar on the top of the screen to access the Notifications screen.

* How do I soft reset my device? What is a soft reset? A soft reset is similar to rebooting a computer. You will not lose any data unless you have unsaved work open. To perform a soft reset, simply insert the stylus into the reset hole under the battery cover.

GPS:

* Does the HTC Touch Pro2 have internal GPS? Yes, the HTC Touch Pro2 supports GPS. You can use GPS with the included VZNav application or most other GPS-enabled applications.

* What is QuickGPS? QuickGPS can speed up the time for determining your GPS position by downloading the latest satellite data via an Internet connection.

* What is aGPS? aGPS is Assisted Global Positioning System. It was introduced to enhance performance. With conventional GPS systems, it is often difficult to provide reliable positions under poor signal conditions, for example, if you are surrounded by tall buildings (as a result of multipath) or if the satellite signals are weakened when you are indoors or under a tree. Some newer receivers fare better. The aGPS system, consisting of an integrated GPS receiver and network components, boosts performance beyond that of the same receiver in a stand-alone mode.

* What is GPS? GPS (Global Positioning System) is a satellite-based radio navigation system that consists of three segments - the satellite constellation, ground control network, and user equipment. People use GPS on their mobile devices with navigation software applications such as VZNavigator.