View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 10:18 PM
tr0s
Regular 'Geeker

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s
Re: Rom update question

some have started flashing stock between roms... it's something i don't do personally. any time i flash i ALWAYS do a hard reset afterwords and then go about my business. i have run both mighty and malrom however i'm on sprint and so is malatesta so i might have a better experience with it than you. make sure you have carrier cabs just in case the rom you are flashing doesn't have them built in. just do a search for the USC cabs. these will help configure your phone for your network, your keyboard map to your keyboard and so on... i can say that i prefer malrom over mighty but that's just my preference. they are both great chefs though.

when you hard reset, it resets the device back to the orignal settings of whatever rom you are on.... so originally you were stock, but since you flashed mighty, if you hard reset it will go to original mighty setup. if you flash malrom and then do a hard reset, it will reset back to malrom. know what i mean?

a lot of people on here have started flashing stock rom between cooked roms, for me it's just a pita since i flash so many roms and keep my sim unlocked. no matter what you do, always hard reset after a flash though.

as for the carrier cab, do a search for uscell in the mightyrom thread... i saw one in there before.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller

Last edited by tr0s; 01-20-2010 at 10:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.