View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 10:00 PM
MrGoodtunes
Halfway to VIP Status

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: USB connector Messed

De-soldering the old busted socket might be a little tricky. I've seen a special rig'd gun with something that looks like the bulb you squeeze on a bicycle horn, only you use it to suction away the excess solder when it melts. Otherwise, when you've heated one leg loose, and move to the next, the previous one re-solidifies! With automotive and old radio desolderings, I've been able to heat up all connections and use long nose pliers to yank out the old part quickly.

Please let us know how the job goes. Pics would be excellent. There are probably others who'd benefit, but I've been worried about USB socket trouble ever since I got my Vogue and learned headphones and everything all goes through that same port.

BTW you may be too young, but I sure recall and still enjoy listening to a Fabian tune from way back 50+ years ago: