Old 12-28-2007, 11:22 AM
TMB_XV6700
Regular 'Geeker

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by will_z32 View Post
Well I've copied and pasted the pim.vol file on about a dozen or so apaches, and 2-3 Dell Axims with no problem.
Roger that. You've messed with it alot more than I have (I rely on sync and use backup just for call history and text messages.)

Quote:
My apache completely died one day, wouldnt boot on at all. Sprint was out of Apaches and gave me the mogul as an upgrade. All I have is my pim.vol file backed up on my desktop from the wm6 updated apache.
Ouch - the dead Apache wasn't clear to me from your first post. I incorrectly took "failing" as not yet dead. So yeah, PIM Backup won't help now.

Quote:
Hrm, I wonder if the rom loaded onto my Apache had a newer version of wm6 than what is on my Mogul causing the pim.vol file to be incompatible. Maybe I will try a newer rom to see if I can trasfer the file over to my new phone.
Sounds logical, but afaik the WM6 build in the Apache kitchen is unique (supposedly from an internal beta or something like that) so you won't be able to match it exactly. Easiest to me still seems to get your pim.vol onto a working WM6 Apache, then PIM Backup and restore to the Mogul.