View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 10:56 PM
p-slim
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Water damaged, and returning, but cant turn it on to delete, and flash back

Quote:
Originally Posted by machek View Post
So the phone is water damaged, wont even turn on or anything, had some screen power, but only minimal almost like a backlight but thats it. But I wanted to know how can I erase the info on it if I cant even access it? Secondly if the phone is damaged to this extent is it even refurbishable? Will they be able to eventually access it?
if you can't turn the phone on, there is no way to erase it. And yes it is possible for someone to fix the problem and actually access the data. I don't know if this is going to happen but it is possible. I have been able to get mulitple liquid damaged phones to turn on when the customer could not. I use to be a tech for Sprint 3-4 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
I don't think report stolen is the right option because If I'm right that requires a police report, Just report it lost if you wish to, I'm sure nothing bad will happen though if it is water damaged as the company most likely just rebuilds them... fresh start and deletes everything.
i wouldn't recommend saying stolen also, just say you lost it.
Google is the next skynet