View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 10:13 PM
DSIMKO
N00b

DSIMKO is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to DSIMKO
Re: Water indicator activated, but no water damage...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmethod3 View Post
Hey guys,

It looks like my water indicator on my Sprint Touch Pro 2 has been activated. It is solid red. But, I have had no contact with water.

Currently, the phone works flawlessly and has had no signs of water damage.

I am worried what Sprint is going to think when I do have a problem not water related. I have a feeling they are going to tell me it's water damage because the sticker says so.

I do have the monthly insurance coverage, but I'm guessing I will have to pay a lot more with this sticker being a liar.

Does anyone have any suggestions, Sprint internal experience, or past experience with this same issue? I basically don't want to have to pay a lot more for something that I didn't do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. I talked to Sprint, and they didn't help me much. Said that I would have to pay more regardless... Doesn't seem right.

P.S.S. I would have tried searching for this, but it seems that the google search has disappeared for me since the site came back up 20 min ago. Anyone else experiencing this?
I used to be a Sprint Store Manager of a Service and Repair Center. I will tell you that when looking at those sensors they were taken into consideration each time, however, not only is it standard procedure but it is also required that they physically take the phone apart to inspect for any LD (liquid damage) or PD (physical Damage). So if you truly have not got the phone wet, when they open it up they will be able to see that. Hope this help.
This post has been thanked 1 times.