View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 10:03 AM
tokuzumi
VIP Member

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: data only plans with google voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
that's what's gonna be the catch, having a 3g connection at all times for it to work, a cell will work on pretty much no signal, I have had cell coverage and no data coverage before, that's the only thing that would scare me, I would lose my data coverage and then not have a phone

I've got a gizmo5 number, and I have tried a data call and it was worse then my worst cell connection, so things are gonna have to get better before it is a sole source for a phone
If you are in a place with wi-fi, than you are good to go. The places where this is going to be the biggest issue is on the highway, in some rural area. For most, this will not be an issue. I rarely leave my home market, where I have perfect signal at home and work, as well as the places to which I normally venture. If you travel all over the country by car, you may run into this more often than others.