Old 01-18-2010, 02:02 PM
alfredo-x
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

alfredo-x is keeping up the good workalfredo-x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Motorola Droid on Cricket??

i'm gonna double post here since my last post was quite extensive, and i didn't see there was a 2nd page of posts...

anyways to the person that said that the droid is the best phone... i think the new google nexus has more horsepower... the reason i want to go with the droid is because the nexus one is not in the $300 yet, so yeah.

but i saw a comparison, head to head of the google nexus one vs the new HTC HD2, both have a snapdragon processor, which i've been waiting for quite some time now... and to my dismay, not only is the new HD2 NOT going to ship with WinMo7 (since it's been set back until 2011!!!!) but............ the nexus one beat the HD2 outright...

and to be honest WM6.5 is soooo very limited... i mean, i'm using windows 7 now, and my device feels quite archaic in the interface and whatnot. also, my friend recently got a Motorola Cliq for t-mobile, and i kinda saw the droid system a little... and yeah it's pretty good, and seems like it has way more apps and stuff than WM6.5

anyways... about what the last posted said on the settings reverting... it seems to me that the phone might have a separate ROM chip dedicated only to overwriting the settings on the phone. that's the only thing i can think of, and maybe the only way to do it is to deactivate that chip or short it out... but then, the phone software might have something where it won't function if the chip isn't detected...

i don't know, it seems like we might actually need the help of a verizon insider on this or an experienced computer engineer...