View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Gatecrasher R/T
Lurker

Gatecrasher R/T is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arcsoft MMS freeze/hang issues

I've got a Sprint TP2 running an older version of MightyROMs WinMo 6.5. For the most part I love it, but I've been having some trouble with ArcSoft MMS (v5.0.94_118c). I do not necessarily blame these issues on MightyROM. I'm just including the info here for reference.

I use ArcSoft for pretty much all of my SMS/MMS needs. I almost never use HTC messaging, but when I do, it works perfectly.

With ArcSoft, it'll freeze up at random when exiting a text thread, or sometimes when trying to minimize the app so I can go do something else. These are big time hang ups. Well over 30 seconds. My worst was about a minute.

I'm not a txt junkie. I barely have 100-150 in my phone at any given time. Anything over 2 weeks old gets deleted. So I don't think it's an issue with the size of the database.

I've searched all over and haven't seen anyone mention the same symptoms or suggest any troubleshooting steps or fixes.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear it. I'm pretty tolerant of the rough edges on this phone, but this problem is a big time usability issue.