View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 02:15 AM
msh441
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441
Re: For those experiencing the "failure to wake" issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
I'm fairly sure the issue is related to running processes. From my testing a few years back, the screen would refuse to wake up when a process gets stuck in a loop (running cycles endlessly and making the device unresponsive).

That's somewhat consistant with my experience, too. A running program when the backlight timer shuts it off. But to my knowledge none of these programs were loked up. In fact they appeared to be working fine once the device actually woke back up. It seems to be a combination of a running program (possibly in the background, even) taxing memory as the timer shuts the screen down.

And I didn't mean to suggest it could be ROM-related...or sound like any one (carrier or cooked) ROM could be responcible. Only that somthing in the Windows Mobile general programming could be to blame. Seems like the issue crosses carrier, ROM, Windows Mobile version and even device lines.

That said, I don't think flashing a ROM, or even getting a new device would do any good. If its a situation of how you use the device (lots of multitasking, or running programs un-monitored etc.) which determines the frequecy at whichyou'll run into this issue.

OK... I don't know. Just sort of thinking out loud, I guess.

Last edited by msh441; 01-18-2010 at 02:22 AM.