View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 08:23 AM
kabuk1
Almost a VIP

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1
Re: Early WinMo 7 not compatable w/ our current apps

No backwards compatibility- what a wonderful way to piss off your legacy customers! If this is true, count me out of this "upgrade". This would be an okay move if they offered WM7 alongside traditional WM, but not as a replacement. I'm not gonna give up the apps I've been using for years just to switch to something that's incompatible but *prettier*. New is NOT always better. I was a faithful Palm user for years until they switched to WebOS. I had hundreds of Palm apps that I loved & used daily, and I wasn't about to buy a device I couldn't use them with. Palm was a worthwhile offering until they abandoned Garnet, and now they're the lowest rung. I don't get why companies do stuff like this, most people don't like sweeping changes. Yeah, WM7 might be new & improved, but you have to learn a whole new OS & have to find alternatives to the apps you've used for years. Eff that. I don't like the way mobile software is going these days, I don't want all-touch interfaces & cloud storage & app stores. In my day, we had 10 different buttons surrounding our screens and 500mhz processors. We had to use a stylus for everything, and gosh-darnit WE LIKED IT!

~sigh~ I'm just old. I hate change.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC

Last edited by kabuk1; 01-17-2010 at 08:58 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.