View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 05:33 AM
tom888
Lurker

tom888 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wake or turn on TP2 into the last active screen

3rd day with Sprint TP2, and not so thrilled so far. I'm really trying to like it. I've downloaded all the main cabs (thanks to all the generous/genius folks out there). One thing that bothers me most is when the phone is waking up from sleep mode. I have my screen/backlight set to turn off after 20 seconds of inactivity (to save battery). To turn the phone back on, I press the hard power button on the top of the phone. When I do this, the phone turns back on into the Home Screen. For example, if I'm scrolling through the contacts list, and I look away for 20 seconds and the screen turns off, when I go back into the phone, I'd have lost my place in the address book and have navigate back into it again. Pretty annoying. This is especially annoying when I'm looking at Google Maps and I just put the phone down for a minute; when I wake the phone back up, I want it to open right into the last app (google maps), not the home screen. I know I can just set the backlight timer for longer, but that doesn't really solve the problem. I simply want the phone to wake up where it fell asleep! Please help.