View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 04:23 PM
EvilRSA
Lurker

EvilRSA is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to EvilRSA Send a message via AIM to EvilRSA Send a message via MSN to EvilRSA Send a message via Yahoo to EvilRSA
Question Upgrading question.....

Hey everyone, got an upgrade question about my Samsung IP-830w. It currently has WM5 AKU 2.6 (Stock from Samsung / Sprint).

I really want to upgrade this thing to at least AKU 3.0, for the bluetooth internet sharing / PAN profile. I'd love to brake into the whole WM6 arena, but what I don't know is this; can I even upgrade my phone at all?

I see lots of posts on how to upgrade a lot of the HTC flavors and most of them come with warnings like:

"For the love of god, don't even read this with another type of phone with in 10 feet of the computer or it will never work again!!11!! No, really!!"

I've also heard of some universal kitchens; does that mean what I think it means; generally works on all phones?

I guess really my main question is, is there anything that ever really stops a phone from being able to be upgraded; say aside from it not physically having enough ROM space to hold the new build, or not enough processor power to run it effectively?

I work on PC's and Servers all the time, and with them, I know that really, the worst that happens is you install a new OS and it just runs like dirt, there generally isn't anything hardware based that stops it from installing / running, but when it comes to WM OS's I don't know if that holds true.