Thread: PPCGeeks Wiki
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 10:08 AM
mindfrost82
Retired Staff

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
PPCGeeks Wiki

PPCGeeks now has a Wiki!!!!

For those of you that don't know, a wiki lets everyone edit and create pages, like wikipedia.org (we're actually using the same software as they are). This lets you contribute to sharing information and making it available in an organized way (hopefully).

So now ROMs can have a wiki page and the community can contribute to creating a FAQ or common issues and solutions that would normally be found in the forum thread.

We DO NOT want people to start replying to questions with "look in the wiki". Instead, since its easy to use, just suggest that they look at the wiki, but also provide them a link to their answer.

The wiki can be found at http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com, and there's also links in the navigation bar and at the top-right of the pages.

I've started a device database, which will link to pages for each device. I plan to add specs to each device, along with some pictures. But since this is a community effort, feel free to edit the pages and add information to them.

If you create a page, please add them to a category, which will make them easier to find. I have categories for Devices, ROMs, Kitchens, Radios, and OEMs. If you can think of more that will get used, let me know.

I've also created a basic how-to for the wiki, which can be found here. This is probably new to most of us, so if you figure out things that could be useful, feel free to edit that page and add to it.

Enjoy!
This post has been thanked 8 times.