View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 04:34 PM
volDeus
PPCGeeks Regular

volDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to volDeus Send a message via Skype™ to volDeus
Exclamation Motorola MOTOROKR S9 and volume hacks

i picked up a Motorola MOTOROKR S9 set last month and although i am very happy with it ... i did have a problem i thought i would pass on to the rest of the Geeks ....

i had the AudioPara.csv file thats been floating around PPC forums installed in my handset (i think it was the Coarse version) trying to help with the volume on a cheap bt earpiece i was using in the past ... not considering the S9`s little earbud speakers might have mechanical limits that its own amplifier exceeds (which it shouldnt ... but it does) and excited about my new toy ... i paired it up and started media player right away .... well the S9 was at max volume by default and as soon as i played music it damaged the speakers slightly ....

i realized what happened right away (audiophile here) and replaced the AudioPara.csv file with the original and turned my handsets volume to 80% ... i didnt think much of it that night until the next day while i was listening to music and a call came in ... when the call was over and the music started playing again the S9 took a few seconds to switch back from HSP to A2DP and during that time the music played through the left speaker with HSP ... and at full volume .... well that was the end of the left speaker and a 30 minute arguement with the return department at Fry's Electronics ...

so anyway ... the S9 is great for its size/weight/price/battery life ... but its speakers are delicate and the amplifier is too strong for them ... if you have an aftermarket AudioPara.csv installed and you decide to get an S9 i would definately put the original back first and probably keep BOTH your volume bars at 80% .. maybe even less for the call volume (mine is at 70%ish) ... even at lowered volume the S9 is still very loud (coming from someone who works around air compressors and electric saws all day)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

(this should have been in a diff forum ... admin please move to general ... srry)

Last edited by volDeus; 12-25-2007 at 04:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.