View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 03:50 AM
mysticaldreams
N00b

mysticaldreams is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkeith813
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovrce View Post
If you connect to a WiFi network and you leave your EVDO data connection turned on in Comm Manager, does your device just automatically use the WiFi network or do I have to turn off the 'Data Connection' in the Comm Manager too? One thing I've noticed is that it's impossible to turn off the 'Data Connection' without a connection to a WiFi network so I just wanna make absolute sure I'm using my WiFi data, especially if I'm streaming HD movies.

Im wondering this also. I use the wifi quite a bit but when i look at the the task bar, it indicates data is being transferred via wifi and 3G. Why would it be using the 3G at all with wifi available?
I am mobile so i can't tell what rom your using so i will just say this" In a stock Sprint rom Wifi automatically shuts down the data link. In many Custom roms the connect to the data network is still establish and used as an automatic back up if the Wifi connection was to fail.

I am currently using Calkulins v4.2 and it seems to work that way for me. As every custom rom is different we all can't possible expect the same results. So as always your miles may very.

Radio: 1.12.34F (Sprint)
PRL:60654 PRI:1.47
Rom:Calkulins v4.2 WWE WM 6.5.x Build 23506
Plan: 450 ED, NW @ 6, TEP, 20% Discount,